Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I have always said my favorite month was December but Ocotber is trying to move its way into first place-at least this year. Below you will see several reasons why...

#1 Decorating for the spooky holiday-and what better way to do that then with cousins who live so close now. I think we have started a family tradition of decorating a haunted house- kind of like a gingerbread house for Christmas but we get to use black spray paint, googly eyes, and candy corns (oh did Esme looove being introduced to candy corns!)

#2 MOTHER CAME FOR A VISIT
She brought these apples from her apple tree and made us fresh apple juice and yummy apple crisp.
She brought her sense of humor and warm smile
She brought her two youngest which made my three thrilledAnd of course she did what she does best...#3 GOING TO THE ARBORETUM- So, as long as I live where I live you will see pictures of this place throughout the year. There are pumpkins everywhere this month and the girls and their cousins and aunts had so much fun.
#4 SUNSHINE GENERATION-Sophia had her first performance with Ava and loved it. Here they are waiting to go on stage.
#5 ESME TURNS 17 MONTHS OLD-her nickname is Boodgee- may seem silly but I promise you spend one weekend with us and you'll be calling her that too. She is just as sweet as she looks- but she can really hold her own these days (see very large water bottle below that she picked up and took two swigs of without spilling a drop)
My sister Katie is living with us and Esme has really warmed up to her-hmm maybe it's time for a trip away with the hardworking husband...#6 MAKING OUR HOME "US"- this has not gotten my full attention due to the activities above and it will for sure be a long process but we are feeling such joy in our space already. We want our home to show off what we love and cherish most Christ, family, friends, reading, traveling, art, and music. Here is a glimpse at half of our living room-the other half and pictures on the walls to come as time and ideas roll in.
This is one of my favorite nooks in the house. It was meant for a huge flat screen t.v but we found better use for it :)

6 comments:

stephanie said...

this will be long (my warning)...
you're right, the halloween house is cute! i'm doing something similar-ish for the drive in right now. esme is getting so big. i love her super blondness and those curls. and her eyes! i super loved seeing a rare glimpse of YOU in those photos. it almost made me cry. :)
and your house is coming along beautifully!! i adore your couch...the color is perfection. and yes, blue is beautiful (especially) with the different color browns and such. which going back to our conversation you've got to go with the dark and honey-ish browns and then black (if you want to incorporate it) on the frames. it will all tie together perfectly. the map is way cool and the nook warms my heart.
you are doing a fine job, friend!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the new house, how exciting. I love your idea of the haunted houses, how fun, my kids would love something like that.

Lisa said...

What a great way to uses your little nook. I love it! I would get rid of our TV in a heart beat if the boys in this house would agree to it. Your house it so cute. How fun to finally be able to decorate and do your own thing. I love your new couches too!

chattypatra said...

Esme sure has great taste. Candy Corn rules! Speaking of which, I went to Walgreens and resisted the temptation to buy the tasty treat, even though the bags were calling out to me: Buy me! Buy me! I'm pleased with myself. :)

Happy Halloween!

Linley and Austin said...

Looks like you have had a fun filled month :) I bet it was fun to see your mom. Hey, tell Katie hi for me. I forgot she was living with you guys. Your girls are so cute Cassie. What are they going to be for Halloween?

stephanie said...

oh, and i love the pic of your mom and esme. so sweet.