Monday, February 11, 2008

HIJACKED!

Happy Birthday Cassie!

This is Jennifer, Cassie's sis-in-law, and I am hijacking Cassie's blog.
(I meant to do it yesterday in honor of her birthday, but I ran into logistical and technical problems, issues quite familiar to most Stewarts).

I had a funny little conversation with Ava earlier today where she informed me that her mommy was now 30 years old and that she was 30 inches tall. According to Ava, her mother's favorite food is cake and one her favorite things to do is to play Candyland with her girls. Sometimes, when she has work to do, she can't play.
She also wants to take naps a lot.
Cassie doesn't really sew clothes because she can get them at Target.
Ava says her favorite thing about her mother is that she reads with her.


As for me, I'm delighted to have a friend with whom I have so much in common. I love shopping with her and I love that she loves chocolate as much as I do.
I also love that she appreciates my black bean soup recipe.
She has proven herself to be a reassuring, encouraging and supportive friend
(I'm thinking especially of the time around Neva's birth) and of course,
I'm grateful that she makes my brother so happy.
She is a lovely mother to my sweet little nieces, whom I adore.


I easily count you as one of my very closest friends, Cassie, and I'd bet my hands that most of your friends would say the same!



12 comments:

stephanie said...

Good job, Jennifer! And yes, one of my closest indeed. Love you, Cass!

Cassie Stewart said...

wow, thanks jenn. I easily count on you just the same. That bit about ava was funny...i guess my early morning runs do lead to some tired afternoons and maybe I should learn how to sew seeing as my being any more like Caroline Ingalls "Ma" would be very appreciated over here.

Elieson Family said...

Hey Cassie, I hear a big fat "Woo-Hoo!!!" is in order!!! Man, if I could even WALK that far, I'd be proud of myself. Way to go, one day I aspire to run like a 5K. I'll wait until the resurrection for the marathon stuff :)

Babata said...

Happy Birthday and way to go Jennifer!!! Very sweet! I had the same thought to hijack her blog, but I was going to post some pretty sweet pictures of her wearing jams with matching socks! :) just kidding! Cassie, happy birthday! We are all so lucky to have you in our lives. I love the conversation with Ava, very cute. Also, I am SO excited to see pictures of the marathon! You have inspired me!

Catherine M. said...

Its true! You're fantastic and everyone who knows you loves you. Happy birthday to my beautiful good fun funny smart athletic stylish warm real friend.

Catherine M. said...

Its true! You're fantastic and everyone who knows you loves you. Happy birthday to my beautiful good fun funny smart athletic stylish warm real friend.

Catherine M. said...

Its true! You're fantastic and everyone who knows you loves you. Happy birthday to my beautiful good fun funny smart athletic stylish warm real friend.

Jennifer said...

Well Babata! Why don't you just go ahead and send over those photos?! Cassie begged me not to embarrass her, but she didn't say anything about you!

By the way, we have a common friend - your husbands cousin, Becca. (Did I get that right?) We knew her and her sister, Kat, while we were working in Ecuador. Small world, eh?

Cassie Stewart said...

whats all this talk about embarrasing pics? the revenge will be bad on both of you- bikini photo...madonna hat pics...

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! You are a dear friend and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Colby Alexander said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish we could see you guys more!

chattypatra said...

Super Belated Happy Birthday to you
Super Belated Happy Birthday to you
Super Belated Happy Birthday dear Cassieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Super Belated Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I stand properly chagrined. Love you TONS.