Saturday, May 16, 2009

We are keen on a little retro, a little old, a little modern, and a lot of green

This is what we have been up to-with the help of a dear friend who visited and gave her insightful decorating ideas.  Yes, those are green stripes on my walls ("lemongrass" stripes that make me exhale when I am eating at our dining room table)  and yes those are pom pom's on a drum chandelier that I fell in love with at first sight.  It was a must to top it off with our old chair from the 1800's.  
Below we took this wonderful passed down play kitchen from drab to fab by painting it- yes green- but not lemongrass "tansy green" for the girls- and added a few new knobs.  And what better than some good ole silouettes for our breakfast nook turned art room.  



Two things that make us very happy right now- magnetic chalkboard paint all around the art room, and 10 little lanterns in the window.  
We're having fun with this house stuff.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks EXCELLENT! I love the green. I am so excited to come visit!

Texas Dimons said...

Looking good! Did Dan do the painting?!

Cassie Stewart said...

He did :) So handy he is!

stephanie said...

your house is quite adorable, cass! i love that art room, and the dining room is awesome! totally you and totally wonderful!

Emily said...

I love your dining room, it looks really great!

Babata said...

okay, what kind of a friend am I??? I haven't checked out the blog in forever!!! I had no idea there was a home make over going on! I LOVE it all....so are you gonna come here and give me some tips!? The girls look beautiful!!! I can't believe how big they are getting! :( Especially Esme!

Elieson Family said...

Very nice Cassie! I really need to get some motivation to finish our stair-well (painting) Michael won't let me do it without him here (ladder on the stairs involved) and when he's here - all I want to do is SLEEP! Blast.
Excellent work guys! Your house is turning out as beautiful as your family.

Andrea said...

I love what you've done, I wish I was bold enough to do lemongrass stripes in my house it looks so great!

Jill said...

What a decorator! I love what you have done. INSPIRING!

Holly Renee said...

the art room for the kids is amazing! how FUN!