Sunday, June 1, 2008


We celebrated Esme's 1st birthday in Nebraska last weekend. I'm not one who is much into character bdays but each of my girls first birthdays have been "Strawberry Shortcake" themed. I loved her when I was little and thought when I was younger that if I ever had a girl I would leave her no choice but to love her as well by starting her off with a little taste of the millenial strawberry shortcake (my favorite being the vintage one of course).

Below is Esme with her first handful of icing-she cried until I wiped it off.





It was nice to be around Grandma and Grandpa and Aunts and Uncles who made the party so much fun!



6 comments:

Elieson Family said...

I had a Strawberry Shortcake doll where you squeezed the belly, and she blew out strawberry-smelling air from her mouth. Now that I write that down, it sounds really gross, but I LOVED that doll. And I was a tom-boy who hated dolls, generally speaking. Way to go! and Happy Birthday, Esme!

stephanie said...

so fun! did you wear your strawberry shortcake shirt?? :)
happy happy birthday to cute esme from us!

Linley and Austin said...

I my gosh, I was reading the first comment, and I had one of those dolls too! I loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was a little girl :) Anyway, happy birthday Esme! What a cutie!

Jenn S. said...

So cute! I loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was little too.

Can't believe she's already one!

Catherine M. said...

Strawberry Shortcake works perfectly for your sweet kiddos! I love Esme!

Melanie said...

I miss you guys! I found your blog through Kinsey and then Jennifer's:) Fun to read & see pictures of your beautiful family! Congrats on the half marathon!!! That is so awesome!!! Glad to have found your blog:) Love!